Welcome to Eastleigh News

You can change this text in the options panel in the admin

Eastleigh's only independent online news site

Member Login
Lost your password?
Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Donate a kidney for Jesus!

February 27, 2010
By

A Christian sect encourages followers to donate their internal organs.

Jesus Christian member Kim

This DVD could change your life

Eastleigh shoppers, well used to having to dodge canvassers selling charity subscriptions, had a new hazard to sidestep yesterday in the form of representatives from minority Christian sect the ‘Jesus Christians’ who were working the streets spreading their message by trying to interest passers by in copies of their promotional DVD.

Not many people may have realised the extent the religious groups followers are prepared to go in order to show their love for their fellow man.

The JC’s as they are known, are referred to by the media as the ‘Kidney Cult’ due to their promotion of altruistic kidney donation. Many of the group members have been reported as having undergone renal surgery to donate their kidney to a needy stranger.

Founded in Australia by Dave McKay, they are an antipodean mix of 60’s hippy commune, apocalyptic evangelical Christians and professed hard core recyclers. Group members reject today’s materialistic consumer culture preferring to rummage through waste bins for food and driving around the country in an eco-friendly camper van powered by old chip fat.

We are trying to get people to start think about their attitudes towards money and the way they treat each other and about the environment” said Kim as she tried to sell me a copy of the DVD.

We do this by becoming involved in live organ donation, permaculture, freeganism and teaching English in developing countries”

We need people to consider making radical changes if we are serious about making the world work.

The JC’s have hit the headlines several times recently. They were the subject of a C4 documentary ‘Kidneys for Jesus’ by award winning writer and film maker Jon Ronson (author of ‘The men who stare at goats’).

Dave McKay also appeared with his supporters on an episode of the ‘Jeremy Kyle Show’.  The abrasive chat show host confronted  them with allegations of abduction and brainwashing which resulted in Dave McKay walking off stage.

A ‘Jesus Christian’ couple have also taken part in TV reality show ‘Wife Swap’.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Donate a kidney for Jesus!

1. Matthew Myatt on February 28, 2010 at 3:11 am

Well they sure have come to the right town if its bins they want to rummage. Eastleigh’s bins are overflowing with rubbish that are not collected for two weeks at a time..

I hope they had more luck selling the DVD’s then the rest of the shops do in Eastleigh trying to sell goods in this run down, once great, town of ours..

Its time for change..!!

2. Fran on March 2, 2010 at 7:19 pm

Hi. I am Fran, Kim’s husband. Thanks for your balanced story about what we were doing in Eastleigh.

Speaking of bins, the day we arrived, I did have a peak at the bins outside the Sainsbury near the bus stops. We found about twenty tins of tuna still in date. They were part of “multi-packs” so when one tin gets damaged or slightly soiled (or simply the plastic covering the multi-pack is torn), the supermarket throws out the whole pack. Even though we did appreciate finding the tuna, it’s a shame that there is so much waste here in the West.

While I was going through the bin, an elderly, local man (who may have been homeless) also came to have a look. He didn’t avail himself of the tuna (maybe due to not having a can opener), but he did take a couple of cans of cola, which were also there. (I picked up some cola, sprite and fanta along with the tuna.)

It was nice to meet the people of Eastleigh. Hopefully some people who received the DVD, and who share similar views to us (at least on some topics) will feel inspired about what they saw.

Thanks again for the story. Eastleigh may be a little run down, as the previous writer has said, but it is one of the friendlier towns of England, and that is surely something to cherish.

• Admin on March 3, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Thank you for your comments.
      It’s interesting to note that there are pensioners in Eastleigh scavenging bins through necessity rather than lifestyle choice.

3. Cherry on March 9, 2010 at 5:21 am

There are people who take food from the bins for a variety of reasons. When there is hunger in the world, it just doesn’t make sense for society to be so wasteful.

It amazes me how some people see donating a kidney as anything other than a sacrificial gift and something worthy of praise. I think it requires knowing someone with kidney disease to understand what a wonderful thing it is.

Now, more than ever in the history of the World, we need to each take personal responsibility for our planet, our neighbours and our consumption.

4. Dave McKay on March 10, 2010 at 1:36 am

BTW Brian Birmingham and Zeuszor are the same person. When you read his links, ask yourselves, “What have they done that is so wrong?” Our “sin” seems to just be that we are “different”.

Hear the Jesus Christian side here:

Dave McKay, co-founder of the Jesus Christians

• Fran on March 10, 2010 at 4:49 pm

I believe the correct webpage Dave was trying to point to was http://jesus-teachings.com/media-page as the page he actually linked to was our old version.

Brian, by the way, also features in the DVD that Kim was handing out. He had his minutes of fame on the Jeremy Kyle show, stating that the number one crime the Jesus Christians have committed is having negative publicity. Brian should know, because as he has shown here, he continues to search the internet for posts about us so that he can generate the “negative publicity” that he believes proves us ultimately wrong.

5. Brian Birmingham on March 10, 2010 at 10:53 pm

The Jesus Christians are a cult by any definition. They are a very destructive group.

It was Dave’s idea for me to go on Jeremy Kyle to begin with; he thought that he could get me to give up the names of my contacts, but instead it blew up in his face and he ended up looking foolish, and showing himself to be the narcissistic control freak that he is.

Here’s a little more:

6. Davo on March 10, 2010 at 11:43 pm

all this stuff about kidneys is making me hungry.

I could murder a plested pie.

7. Denise Matteau on September 28, 2010 at 8:51 am

I don’t like the idea of donating kidneys, myself, but if people don’t donate them, then how are the hospitals going to get them? Hmm? I mean, if half the Jesus Christians have donated, as is the claim, and there are only about three dozen Jesus Christians in the so-called “cult”, then where do all those other kidneys come from? Brian Birmingham, BTW, has been stalking individuals who have never heard of the JC’s until he invited them to help his smear campaign and they refused. I am one of them. He works for a professional vigilante hate-group that specializes in attacking the individual members of a church instead of actually producing any real proof of any actual “cult” behavior. His boss at rickross.com gets $7,000 EACH for consulting with families and it is far more lucrative than actually doing a professional investigation according to law. Brian Birmingham is Ross’s “prospector”, stalking and targetting individuals for take-down if they are even seen talking to a Jesus-Christian and this is only one group they are attacking. This is big money for Birmingham and Ross.

8. Dave McKay on October 29, 2010 at 9:52 am

Not sure how many people read comments like this, but it is worth it if even one person takes the time to think deeply about what is being said.

After being around for over 25 years, you would think that the Jeremy Kyle Show would have been able to produce someone more creditable than Brian Birmingham as their chief witness against myself and the Jesus Christians. Brian spent somewhere between ten and fifteen minutes in the presence of Jesus Christians in Dallas before he had a panic attack and literally fled the building. He has never seen us again, apart from my first meeting with him on JK.

I recommended him to JK when they said they could not find anyone to testify against us, more or less as a joke. But they were so desperate that they took it seriously.

Brian recently admitted that he had contemplated committing suicide because he could not stand living on teh same planet as I was living on. He said that he spent a year in therapy trying to get over that part of his on-going mental condition.

Check out our forum:

9. A. Roberts on October 31, 2010 at 6:26 am

WRITEN BY DENISE MATTEAU ON THE RICK ROSS CULT INSTITUTE FORUM!!!! HER NAME WAS dsm here. Do a search on her at http://forum.rickross.com/read.php?5,87661,89659#msg-89659

Blue Lady, I faced off with a mafia-involvede cult.

Here are some methods, some of which I was taught by police who helped me get out. They could not prosecute the cult because of “connections”.

1. Be so loud and so well-identified that no one who is in power in the cult wants you getting hurt even by accident. They want to be able to say you imagine the dangers, after all.

2. Triple and quadruple report incidents, even if the statute of limitations has run out, copy and re-copy the documents and spread them around among lawyers and law enforcement agencies. Even if the lawyers and law-enforcement agencies can’t help you, during the period of considering each case, at least a few individuals will realize that they have no way of knowing how far your reports went and who is ready to spring into action against them if something “untoward” should happen.

3. It helps to identify a little with Clint Eastwood’s “Make My Day” scene. It helps to be considered crazy.

If you get accused of being crazy, after all, you can face the accuser and say “Do you really believe I am crazy?’ and if the accuser says “yes” then you can say “Well then I won’t be held responsible for what I will do to you if you mess with me!”

I actually said that to one of the culties that was harassing me during that period of back-and-forth that seems to be a necessary stage of exitting a serious cult. I have to say it was one of the most satisfying moments of my life.

Blue Lady, they already are mad at you. You can’t change that.

So have fun with it. Write a new chapter.

Whack Job!

10. Jude 3 on November 20, 2010 at 3:40 pm

“This is big money for Birmingham and Ross.” Denise Matteau(Quote). Wasn’t it 41 members of the Jesus Christians and their associates, who openly boasted they went on a P & O Cruise? Pretty obvious, that the even bigger money is going to them. Dave, Cherry and Fran are JC Members and their obvious bias shows. Denise is one of their regular Forum posters and has been subject to attack by internet trolls. She wrongly assumes that these people are associated with Rick Ross and blames everything bad that happens to her on them.

11. Denise Matteau on December 21, 2010 at 1:39 am

Please please print this. Dave has rejoined the Children Of God and we will are rebuilding. Our son, Joe recently gave his kidney to a woman in Israel.

Allah Akbar God Is Good.

12. Denise Matteau on March 13, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I’ve been forced to eat tuna 5 days a week now much due to what these vigilantes have done to my little home based eBay business I had going. I was also selling some antiques. My disability pensions total a mere $1729.45 per plus I do receive support in the way of food from our church but none the less these vigilantism based stalkers like Brian Birmingham and Susan Smith Summers, now people do not want to do business with me. I’ve resorted to bin raiding of my own recently falling inside a bin and becoming trapped until the staff from the store found me and got me out. I injured my arm seriously and will be suing to recover damages since I rely on my arms, to create my art which is my livelihood. I blame this directly on the Rick Ross trolls who are trying to destroy me. Only last week, I was circled by a car as I tried to struggle home from the food bank carrying my weekly supplies. I was able to take digital film footage and will be releasing this after I have filed a police report. I saw Susan Smith Summers clearly in the front seat sitting very closely to Brian Birmingham so it shows the lengths they will go to, stalking me. I believe they hoped I would be forced to abandon my food and run for my life.

13. Denise Matteau on March 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Also much thanks to the church for their contribution towards my new laptop being I am a near shut in I was able to make a case for a laptop being a necessary item for my safety because of the stalkers who are after me. I am most thankful for this. I also accept Paypal on my freedomissacred blog where you can contribute. My weight has dropped to less than 130 pounds and I am eating canned tuna and one day was forced to make homemade bread using sunflower seed as toppings to provide nourishment for myself which took away food from my birds. I have also been forced to forage and bin raid and was nearly killed.

If I could gain at least $800. per month added to my pensions, I would be in much better shape to fight these trolls.

14. Eastleigh Xpress on March 13, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Concerned to read about you falling into a bin.
    For goodness sake…how long were you in there?

15. AnnaMossity on June 3, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Oh please, for the love of God, do NOT send any money to that woman’s account!! I’ve seen her hustling on several different sites, and she tailors the request to her percieved audience, changing her stated aims drastically. Last I checked, she was going to use any money recieved to print out ALERTS to warn communities of “Evil, sick, AIDS-ridden QUEERS” in their midst, with the aim of having them driven from their places of worship. (She was “a good Catholic” woman THAT day.
    (Also, sometimes her daughter was murdered by queers, sometimes died of a botched abortion, and sometimes the actual TRUTH leaks out, that her daughter was a victim, not of conspiracy, but of suicide.)
    YIKES.

Search our Archives

Enter your email address to subscribe to Eastleigh News and receive the latest articles by email.

Join 6,851 other subscribers.