Welcome to Eastleigh News

You can change this text in the options panel in the admin

Eastleigh's only independent online news site

Member Login
Lost your password?
Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Explosion rocks Eastleigh

February 15, 2011
By

Two police helicopters scrambled

A huge explosion has rocked Eastleigh tonight sending twitter and facebook into meltdown.

The town briefly became a twitter trending topic shortly after 11 pm when the sound of a blast was heard all over the town and as far away as North Baddesley, Valley Park and Chandlers Ford.

One resident in Derby road contacted Eastleigh News to say the explosion had rattled her windows.

Police and the Fire Brigade are reported to have raced to the Chadwick Road area – the scene of a Bomb explosion last year but left soon after arriving.

Helicopters from Reading and Lee-on-Solent were scrambled and began to hovered over Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford for about 30 minutes.

A bomb was also previously used to blow up a gatso camera on Bishopstoke Road last year.

Photo: madmick99

Update see: Police appeal for info on Eastleigh explosion

Custom Search

Tags: , , ,

8 Responses to Explosion rocks Eastleigh

1. Eastleigh Xpress on February 15, 2011 at 12:55 am

Twice 😉

2. Matthew Myatt on February 15, 2011 at 1:56 am

I heard this from my balcony in Twyford Road. It seemed to come from the Grantham Green area and at first I feared that it was the members of the new Eastleigh Independent Party exploding from all their hot air. Thank god for Eastleigh News putting me straight..!!

• ben west on February 15, 2011 at 9:37 am

no it was in the train work area in eastleigh i no this coz i was in my house in that road and it shook my windows and doors my glass of water fell over as well

• Eastleigh Xpress on February 15, 2011 at 10:02 am

Thanks for the info Ben. Are you over Campbell Road? It was so flipping loud last night lots of people thought it was in their road. The Police must have been inundated with calls.
        I was headed towards Chadwick Road last night – as I was told thats where it was – when I saw police cars going the other way, towards you.
        The Echo reports that they went to School lane as well.

3. jeanniey wheal on February 15, 2011 at 2:05 am

dont no wot drugs eastliegh hav been on tonite but i hav been driving around the whole of eastleigh 4 hours and there is nothin happenin lay of the DRUGS eastleigh

• Matthew Myatt on February 15, 2011 at 2:07 am

Jeanniey,

If you have been driving around Eastleigh for 4 hours and not seen all the comotion I would have to question if it is you who is not on the drugs and should you really be driving in that condition..??

4. Matthew Myatt on February 15, 2011 at 2:12 am

Twice

In one week. 😉

Twice

In one week 😉

5. kaz on February 15, 2011 at 8:33 am

yeh im sure the whole of eastleigh is on drugs!!!! u muppet, most people heard the loud bang so was bloody loud if people heard it all over eastleigh so it must of been sumit! ur abit sad driving around for 4hrs for abit of gossip u sure ur not the one on drugs?

Search Eastleigh News

Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts by email.

Eastleigh News Archive