Huhne phone tape now in Police hands

"Aggghhh! Not her again!...You answer it this time Joel"

The Sunday Times has confirmed it has now handed the Police a secret tape recording of a telephone conversation between Eastleigh’s MP Chris Huhne and his estranged wife Vicky Pryce in which he can be heard discussing claims concerning his driving record.

The Sunday Times had been ordered to hand over the tape to police investigating the allegation that Mr Huhne had persuaded Ms Pryce to take speeding points on his behalf but the Times said it would appeal but, claims the Evening Standard, a lawyer has told the paper they have no grounds to appeal the order.

The Sunday times claims Mr Huhne can be heard warning Ms Pryce not to give the story ‘legs’ by discussing it with the press however he can also be heard denying the allegations.

Photo: Crown copyright

9 comments for “Huhne phone tape now in Police hands

1. June 29, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I presume Chris isn’t on Police bail…?

June 29, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please remember that in THIS country, we still have the remnants of “presumption of innocence” despite ongoing attempts by our EU masters to destroy this most basic human right and replace it by the presumption of guilt as embodied in the inquisitorial Napoleonic system which forms the foundation of the EU’s Corpus Juris. Would any of you seek to deny Chris Huhne of that most basic right?

3. Graham Hunter
    June 29, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Peter what the hell has this to do with the EU.
    In England you are innocent until proven guilty. Its been that way for a very long time, long may it remain.
    The EU have nothing to do with the English Criminal Justice system.

If Mr Huhne is charged and the case goes to court he will be tried fairly and if found guilty will get a sentance just like the rest of us would … I hope.

4. Andy Lombardi
    June 29, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Peter what the hell has this to do with the EU.
    The EU have nothing to do with the English Criminal Justice system.

Not aimed at you Graham but I think we may have a Troll at large.

• Peter Stewart
      June 30, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Andy, How dare you suggest I am a troll! It is true that I do enjoy the odd, small, troll like dimension to what I write, but I’m serious about the imposition of the EU’s Corpus Juris and the erosion of our ancient rights (including the presumption of innocence);-)

• Andy Lombardi
        July 2, 2011 at 12:07 am

Peter, you turn every possible opportunity into an anti EU discourse. Not everything is the fault of the EU, despite your protestations. Therefore, it is my opinion, that you are looking for a disagreement almost every time. This is a facet of trolling, which you admit to partaking of. kind of unravels your denial?

Meanwhile, talking of unravelling and Karma slowly coming around, in case you missed this:

‘Our’ Chris finds more to upset people. Ok, i know it’s from the Grauniad, perhaps my turn to troll?

😉

• Peter Stewart
          July 2, 2011 at 8:25 am

Who me? Turning everything into an anti-EU discourse? Never!

p.s. The pro-nuclear brigade REALLY got to work on Fukushima! The most “amusing” part in my opinion was when the BBC wheeled on its “big guns” (the usual “experts”… a man and a woman). But no ordinary man and woman. I kid ye not, they were two of the largest people I have ever seen. Larger than life, so to speak. Their combined weight must have exceeded 50 stones, perhaps more! No doubt their vast physical bulk and spatial dominance of the TV studio was intended to convey gravitas in their reassuring (not) tones. But we are dealing with people who are not ‘alf bad at subliminal propaganda.

June 30, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Graham! It has EVERYTHING to do with the EU.

You say the EU has nothing to do with the English criminal justice system! You are SO wrong.

The EU now controls EVERY ASPECT of the English criminal justice system and has done for many years although of course it takes a long time to replace 800 years of English criminal law! You have simply not noticed it happening.

By the agreement of our own Parliament (begun by the treacherous Conservatives in 1973) EU law has absolute SUPREMACY over English and Scottish law. This supremacy has been enforced ad nauseam until the point has been reached where some 70% of law passed in the UK now comes DIRECTLY from the EU without even going through the process of debate we would expect.

Part of this “takeover” of our legal framework by the EU, involves replacing the ancient principles we have come to regard as normal (trial by jury, the right not to be tried twice for the same charge, the right to habeas corpus, the right not to be detained unreasonably without charge etc). All these and more are being eroded and REPLACED by the EU’s Corpus Juris: The Continental inquisitorial legal system which diverged from ours around the time of Magna Carta. I assure you that you would not want to live under such a system.

The bottom line is (as I stated) that Chris Huhne is innocent until found guilty by a jury of his peers. I stated that we should all afford him that right and not NOT judge him to be guilty otherwise we are descending into the same sort of appalling disregard for basic human rights as can be found in many Continental countries. I shall be happy to provide you with more detail of how this is happening courtesy of “cast iron” Dave and his LibDem chums.

July 1, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Heard on BBC 1 (PM programme) tonight at around 6 p.m. a stooge calling for an inquisitorial legal system to replace our adversarial system. Just like I said! It will not be too long before the whole Corpus Juris of the EU is imposed!