Campaigners in Botley will appeal against a High Court decision not to allow a judicial review of council plans for 1,400 new houses at Boorley Green – a decision the campaigners describe as a ‘travesty of justice’
Last month a Judge sided with the council saying their reasons for granting planning permission were adequate. But he did not say that the application by Botley Parish Action Group was ’totally without merit’ and on this basis the campaigners have renewed their application which will now be heard at an oral hearing on May 1.
In a strongly worded press statement BPAG accused the council of failing to provide five year housing supply and delivering a local plan saying it was:
“Immoral, unfair, unbalanced and unlawful for EBC to utilise their own failures to legally justify the granting of permission for the largest development in the borough for over 25 years”.
BPAG say members have so far spent £10,000 of their own money in legal fees while fighting the proposed development and will be canvassing for further donations to their fighting fund.
Council leader Keith House has previously said that the Boorley Green plan would provide “Much needed homes for local people.”
This morning a spokesperson for BPAG told Eastleigh News:
“We are not opposed to more houses – we support up to 20 per cent more development in Botley but it has to be the right development, not the wrong development”.