Meetings and home visits and services cancelled. The Point and the Berry Theatre close.
Eastleigh Council have announced they are taking ‘decisive action’ to help protect residents, businesses and staff from coronavirus by cancelling council meetings until the end of April and by closing council run facilities including The Point and Berry theatres.
- the Council’s Eastleigh House offices will remain open but local people are advised to only visit if absolutely necessary and not to visit if they fall into one of the ‘vulnerable’ categories. The Council can be contacted by phone and there is lots of information on our website.
- all Council meetings (Cabinet, Committee, Council) are cancelled until the end of April.
- All but essential face to face work meetings are cancelled
The advice on social distancing also includes avoiding large gatherings in smaller spaces and so:
- the café at Itchen Valley Country Park is closed (the Country Parks themselves will remain open.)
- The Point and The Berry Theatre are closed
- the café at Eastleigh House will also close during this period of time
The Council has also suspended a number of services where Council employees carry out home or business visits.
A number of activities have been suspended including;
- Friday Night Football
- Y Zone
- Healthworks including health walks
Waste and recycling collections are currently continuing as normal but bulky item collections have been suspended until further notice.
The Council is also working on ways to help businesses and residents through this difficult time.
The council said in a press release:
“The safety, health and wellbeing of our residents, businesses, staff and visitors is the Council’s number one priority. We advise all local people to take appropriate action to keep themselves safe and healthy and follow the advice of government and the NHS