Starting today, people in Eastleigh can order food via Uber Eats. The popular app will enable customers to receive their next meal directly to their door at the touch of a button.
Customers can order from high street classic KFC, which is the first restaurant to launch in the area via the Uber Eats app.
In the coming weeks, local favourites in Eastleigh will be joining the platform, with residents able to enjoy their favourite restaurant meals from the comfort and safety of their home.
Locals can download the Uber Eats app on their smartphone (available for iOS and Android), or by visiting Uber Eats.
Here’s how to order using Uber Eats:
- Download the free app or go to ubereats.com to see all the restaurants available in your area. You can sign in using your existing Uber account or create a new one.
- Tell us your location – you can select your home or any other address.
- Find the perfect meal – browse local restaurants or search by cuisine type or dietary requirements to find exactly what your tastebuds are asking for.
- Place your order – pick the items you want right now or schedule your order to arrive whenever is most convenient for you.
- Track the progress of the delivery – get updates as your order is prepared and on its way to your destination. Enjoy!
For local restaurants, the Uber Eats app will mean more business with more options for delivery and thousands of potential new customers.
Toussaint Wattinne, General Manager of Uber Eats in the UK, said:
‘We are really excited to be launching in Eastleigh, firstly with KFC, and a host of local restaurants joining in the coming weeks. As the nation’s lockdown slowly beings to lift, we hope to make it even easier for local residents to enjoy a variety of delicious food both comfortably and safely.’
Uber Eats has introduced measures to help ensure that every courier can access the PPE they need for free to help keep them safe when they deliver with Uber Eats. As well as providing free sanitising products, Uber Eats is providing couriers with over one million masks.
The app is available every day of the week from 8:00am – midnight, and restaurant opening times may vary.