‘Missing’ Eastleigh player jailed

Eastleigh FC midfielder Ali Fuseini who has been missing since his last game for the Spitfires on December 3, has been imprisoned for 10 weeks for motoring offences.

Eastleigh FC had been worried about his non appearance at last Saturdays match and that he had not returned their phone calls

However Southwark News has reported that the former Millwall player had appeared in court last Thursday ( December 8 ) after being caught driving his silver Mini Cooper whilst disqualified along London’s Old Kent Road twice last month.

The second offence was on November 30  the day before he moved to Eastleigh FC

Judge Timothy Stone said:

“I find it incredible that people pay such scant regard to court orders.”

Fuseini pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified and driving without insurance on November 30 the court heard he had already pleaded guilty to a similar offence on December 5.

The player had been on a 12 month ban for Aggravated Vehicle taking in 2010 and only had two weeks to the end of the ban when he was caught.
The player had previously appeared in court in February accused of aiding and abetting the abduction and rape of an 18 year old woman near the Old Kent Road but was cleared of all charges.

In addition to 10 weeks imprisonment he was disqualified for two years and the judge ordered that that his car should be crushed to prevent him driving it again on his release.

Last week Coach Ian Baird told BBC Radio Solent that Fuseini’s stint with Eastleigh was over after failing to show up for Saturdays match against Thurrock.

Custom Search

  5 comments for “‘Missing’ Eastleigh player jailed

Comments are closed.